Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Eat good food!

Hey everyone...you know what are cool? Farm shares, or CSAs (Community supported agriculture). My roommates and I have a hybrid CSA that is run by the Intervale Food Hub. Every Wednesday afternoon I walk to Klein, the student resource center, to pick up our basket of vegetables for the week. Depending on the week we get potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, carrots, parsnips, mushrooms, lettuce, chard, and some kind of squash. Because it is a hybrid, we also get either yogurt, eggs, syrup, or cheese every week.

Here is our CSA basket:



Look at those fresh and locally raised veggies!! Getting a farm share is one of the best decisions I have made this year and I have saved A TON of money on groceries. Also, I feel good about where my food is coming from. This nice because I am in a class about the politics of food and I have begun to question pretty much everything about our country's food system.

My lovely roommate and fellow blogger, Michaela, with some delicious maple yogurt:



MAGIC EGGS. Seriously.



And last but not least, what is going to make my pumpkin pancakes especially delicious on Saturday:



Let's eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment