Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Thank you for the music

As those who know me are aware, I am quite the music snob. I think that Bob Dylan should be revered, along with Mumford & Sons, Arcade Fire and the Avett Brothers (did anyone watch the Grammy's? INCREDIBLE!). I prefer live music and the lyrics have to be good. With this being said, going to college oh so close to Burlington, Vermont has been a great life choice. Plattsburgh, New York doesn't get so many concerts and I live an hour away, making Burlington my concert mecca. Here I have seen the aforementioned Bob Dylan, the Swell Season, and Matt Costa. They were all great shows.

I am also fortunate because St. Michael's puts on a lovely concert for us hardworking students every spring. In the fall everyone votes for an artist and our Student Association is in charge of finalizing plans. I am so happy to say that this year Grace Potter & the Nocturnals are coming. I don't know how many of you are familiar with their music but they are wonderful. Watch this:


Great, right? Grace is a Vermont native so there is much excitement about her coming. So, to sum up, if you are looking for good music, Burlington is the place to come!! Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment